The City Water Test Kit contains these test kits: Bacteria, lead, pesticides, chlorine, hardness, pH, nitrates and nitrites.
Previously called the All-In-One Drinking Water Test Kit.
The City Water Test Kit contains these test kits:
- nitrates and nitrites
Knowing the pH level of your water can help you prevent secondary effects. If the acidity of your water is too high, corrosion can leach out lead from pipes and plumbing as well as damage your water supply system and water heater. Lead was used extensively in plumbing until the 1980's, and even low levels of lead have been linked to learning disabilities in children and hypertension in adults.
Nitrates and Nitrites are common, yet an incredibly harmful pollutant, especially to children and small animals. When animal and human wastes or field fertilizers come into contact with water, they show up as nitrates and nitrites. Both are serious contaminants because they affect the very core of human life - birth and the development of young life.
Find out if your water has harmful levels of bacteria, lead, pesticides, chlorine, hardness, pH, and nitrates and nitrites!
This WaterSafe® City Water Test Kit allows you to test ONCE for each contaminant.
*The presence of bacteria in drinking water is usually the result of a problem with your region's water-treatment plant or private well. A positive result indicates that your water may be contaminated with bacteria that can be harmful to your health or cause disease.
- Keep tests out of reach of children or pets. Do not ingest anything from this test kit. Do not drink water sample used for testing.
- Store and use at room temperature (60-86 F).
- Do not use on hot water or water containing bleach detergents. Do not re-use any part of the test kit.
- Do not open packets or vial until you are ready to perform the tests.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully.
Bacteria Test Instructions:
1. Take out the Bacteria Test vial and set upright on a flat surface.
2. Collect water sample or turn on tap to a very slow stream.
3. Carefully twist off cap and fill vial to 1/2 inch below the top (to 5 ml line).
DO NOT OVERFILL and DO NOT SPILL the bacterial growth powder in the vial.
4. Replace cap and twist on tightly. Shake the vial vigorously for 20 seconds.
5. Place the capped vial upright in a warm area (70-90 F) where it cannot be disturbed for 48 hrs.
6. After 48 hrs., observe the color of the liquid without opening the vial:
Purple color: Negative Result (No bacteria were detected).
Yellow Color: Positive Result (It is highly likely that potentially harmful bacteria were detected).
7. For positive results, add bleach to the sample before pouring down the toilet, then wash hands carefully. Negative samples may be poured directly into the toilet. Discard vial in the trash.
Note: If your water tests outside the desired values, call 09 530 8872.
Please note that Watersafe® is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking.
Watersafe® provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. Silver Lake Research Corporation expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results.
- Seven Test Strips.