Our Watersafe® Bacteria Test 10 Pack enables users to test 10 water samples for Coliform Bacteria.
Contaminated water may not smell or taste bad, but the presence of even small amounts of some kinds of bacteria can cause anything from upset stomachs to hospital visits. Some waterborne bacteria can even be deadly! Don't
risk it for your family.
Test your water for harmful bacteria with our simple do-it-yourself kit.
Contains ten EPA-based Coliform Bacteria* tests for your home tap water, detailed instructions and comparison table.
*The presence of bacteria in drinking water is usually the result of a problem with your region's water-treatment plant or private well. A positive result indicates that your water may be contaminated with bacteria that can be harmful to your health or cause disease.
Bacteria Test Instructions:
1. Take out the Bacteria Test vial and set upright on a flat surface.
2. Collect water sample or turn on tap to a very slow stream.
3. Carefully twist off cap and fill vial to 1/2 inch below the top (to 5 ml line).
DO NOT OVERFILL and DO NOT SPILL the bacterial growth powder in the vial.
4. Replace cap and twist on tightly. Shake the vial vigorously for 20 seconds.
5. Place the capped vial upright in a warm area (70-90 F) where it cannot be disturbed for 48 hrs.
6. After 48 hrs., observe the color of the liquid without opening the vial:
Purple color: Negative Result (No bacteria were detected).
Yellow Color: Positive Result (It is highly likely that potentially harmful bacteria were detected).
7. For positive results, add bleach to the sample before pouring down the toilet, then wash hands carefully. Negative samples may be poured directly into the toilet. Discard vial in the trash.
Note: If your water tests outside the desired values, call 09 530 8872.
Please note that Watersafe® is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking.
Watersafe® provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. Silver Lake Research Corporation expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions, or reliance of test results.
- Ten Bacteria Tests.
The City Water Test Kit contains these test kits: Bacteria, lead, pesticides, chlorine, hardness, pH,...
Compare the quality of 4 different water samples. Includes data input and presentation software on CD....
Check for the presence of coliform bacteria in your drinking water with this do-it-yourself, EPA-based...